Monday 13 January 2020

Romeo and Juliet

My Writing

Every morning I wake up early, the first thing I do in the morning is to enjoy my nice cup of hot chocolate, then mum will serve breakfast. We're allowed a sandwich of Nutella once a week, usually in the weekend as a treat. If it's warm sunny day we play outside, sometimes spraying my sister with water guns. Other times playing with my scooter or writing with chalk on the driveway. Last summer my sister and I had so much fun as we spent the summer holiday on the everyday. This summer holiday we're stuck indoors because it's cold and windy all day. I'm hoping the weather will warm up so we can go to the beach before we get back to school.




Shakespeare Writing

Ev'ry m'rning i waketh up early, the first i doth in the m'rning is enjoyeth mine own nice cuppeth of hot chocolate, then mum shall s'rve breakfast.  We're did allow a sandwich of nutella once a week, usually in the weekend as a treateth. If 't be true t's warmeth sunny day we playeth outside, oft spraying mine own sist'r with wat'r caliver.  Oth'r times playing with mine own scoot'r 'r writing with chalk in the driveth way. Lasteth summ'r mine own sist'r and I hadst so much excit'ment as we hath spent the summ'r festival on the ev'ryday.  This summ'r festival we're did stick indo'r because t's bitter cold and windy all day. I'm hoping the weath'r shall warmeth up so we can wend to the beach bef're we receiveth backeth to school



4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Helena,

    You did an amazing job on translating your story into ‘Shakespearean’. I really like the phrase ‘the weath’r shall warneth up’ which means you ‘i’m hoping that the weather will warm up’. It is important to make sure it makes sense when you are writing in Shakespearean and you did an excellent job of this.

    Have you ever read any of Shakespeare's material? Or some of the movies made from his material? I would love to know!

    Keep up the awesome work.

    Cheers,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the first time to hear about Shakespeare, from the translation of my writing I think his novels is more for adult than kids my age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think you're right. His work is more for adults, but some students really enjoy reading his work

      Delete
  3. I didn't really understand his translation, it was quite strange trying to read the translated words like (cuppeth = cup).

    ReplyDelete