Monday 13 January 2020

Diary of Anne Frank

The most extraordinary day was Monday 05/01/2020, as I wake up early in the morning the sky was quite dark. It felt like it was still night time, as the day passed the sky became darker, greyish pinkish orange kind of colour. It was the first time to see the sky looking that strange and hard to tell If we’re daytime or nighttime. I have never seen anything even close to this before. Later on I heard the news on the radio saying that there is orange skies because of the Australia bush fire so I said in my head that is why. It was quite an interesting day because the colour of the sky that day and barely seeing daylight. The smoke was blocking the sunlight, and the skies were extremely gloomy. It made me wonder about how it looks like in Australia and how people might be feeling. Maybe scared or unsure of how long the sky will look that dark! 


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Helena,

    That was so heartbreaking when our skies turned orange. I believe it was a bit of a wake up call for New Zealanders. While we all watched what was happening through our TV’s we didn’t really feel the effect until this happened.

    The skies were very gloomy. I really like your idea that the skies made you wonder about how it would be in Australia, I felt this too. The Australian Bushfires is incredibly heartbreaking. These fires have been going since September and they are still ongoing. I went onto this website to see where the fires are and when they first started http://google.org/crisismap/australia you should go have a look at this website

    Keep up the awesome work Helena!

    Nga mihi,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. My uncle lives in Melbourne and that was one of the reasons I wondered how the people in there might be feeling.

    ReplyDelete