Tuesday 14 January 2020

Girl Power

My role model would be my parents, daddy, as a start he served in the Egyptian Army for one year. He takes good care of us and always explain any decision he takes. Like why he took this decision, what will happen next. Daddy taught us (me & my younger sister) that we can go to him at any time and ask him anything we want to know or not sure what it means. Sometimes he tries to help with math homework. Daddy was very good in school, his two favourite subjects are Math and Science. Hearing my uncle talk about how daddy was really good when he was my age makes me want to be like him. His mum was french teacher and he is an Agriculture Engineer. When I was a baby daddy took the night shift as mum call it so she could get some sleep. He took very good care of me & later on when my sister was born he did it all over again. He did the best he can to make sure mum get some sleep or just some rest. He spent many sleepless nights taking care of us as little babies. He taught us that family comes first and when it comes to the house, we’re all responsible for helping mum tidy up or clean. He taught us that having a University degree should be our most important goal in life. Education comes first the rest comes second, he takes pride when we get the attendance award at the end of the school year prize giving. That part actually belong to mum who always make sure we are never late and never miss a day at school unless we’re really very sick and the doctor says we have to stay home. Thanks to mum I finished first year of school being an advanced reader and I have continued to be. As they say a mum is a nurse/ teacher/ event planner/ chef/ photographer/ bodyguard and many more. Over the years we visited Starship many times and came home in the early hours of the morning (2am / 3am). That never stopped mum from getting up at 7am to prepare our lunch boxes and take us to school in time. No matter how sick or tired she felt nothing could stop her from making sure we never miss a day at school. I hope that mum & dad know how much I love and appreciate everything they’re doing for our family.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Helena,

    Wow, I am simply lost for words. This post is incredibly special both for you, your family and the Summer Learning Journey team. In fact it is so incredibly special that I have to show it to the team.

    Your parents have really looked after you by making sure that they always put you and your younger sister first. You are very lucky to have them. You are right when you say that your parents serve as everything. A teacher, nurse, photographer and so on. Not only is this piece written with many examples but it is extremely well-written. You explain everything so clearly that we the audience can picture it in our heads.

    I hope you show your family this. I know that they will really love and appreciate you writing this. I think it’s important to show people how much we love them. Sometimes we think that they already know this but often they don’t actually understand how appreciative we are.

    I can’t wait to read more of your blog posts Helena! Keep up the awesome work!

    Nga mihi,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete