Wednesday 8 April 2020

living in the 40s

If I lived in the 40s men would be wearing  a suit and tie and women would be wearing an elegant dress rather than jeans and a T-shirt. In the 1940s, you weren’t fully dressed unless you had a hat on. Gloves were a fashion statement for women of the 1940s. From practical gloves to match your everyday outfits to glamorous opera gloves that went past the elbow. But I will miss my favourite TV show and modern music. I will miss not having a phone or mobile or DVD player. In winter we’ll be using the fireplace in the living room, no oil heater in the bedroom. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your blog Helena - it is interesting looking back at life in the past inn't it? I think there are positives and negitives about each era - I'm glad I don't have to wear gloves but dresses then were certainly elegant.

    ReplyDelete